Saturday 18 May 2013

My very first trip to Gernany -day1 Frankfurt- May 2013

 
I realized that I was still half way through my Taiwan trip posts,
but I must write about my agamzing Germany trip before I forget!
 
 
I told a few people about my Germany trip before I flew there.
"I'm finally going to Germany!! I'm so so excited!"
 
When people saw me being extremely excited about my trip,  they asked me,
 
 "why Germany?"
 
 
Then I answered,
"Well actually, I don't  know why. I just wanna go there!"
 
 
 I'm sure there are lots of other beautiful places in this world.
But somehow I always wanted to visit Germany.
Ever sice I went to England back in highschool time and met a classmate from Germany,
I always wanted to visit there.
 
I've also seen a few facinating ads about Germany on trains when I was still in Japan.
 
 
What is more, both my dad and brother studied German in uni.
My mum was also taking German language classes.
 
 
All these bits of information about Germany made me want to visit Germany.
 
So after I don't know how many years, here I come!
I finally got to visit Germany! with my mum!
 
 
We left Singapore after lunch and by the time we got to Frankfurt was almost 9pm.
We took Singapore airline.
 
I hadn't taken Singapore airline for a long time and now I realized how awesome this airline was.
SQ girls or whatever you call it, flight attendants were polite, friendly and consistantly offering drinks and food. The amount of movies, dramas, games they have...
 
The food was served 3 times during my flight and everything was good!
I had never thought that the airplane food can be this good.
 
Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I enjoyed my trip from the moment I left Singapore.
 
 
 
 
 
We checked in at Frankfurt hostel for the first night.
 
 
 
This retro lift is so cute that the door is not automatic!
I had to open it with my hand.
 
 
Next morning!
 
 
 
Breakfast at the hostel.
 
Fruit juice, a ham, cheese, cucumbers and bread.
 
 
 
 
 
We stayed at this hostel on the last day in Germany too.
 
 
 
 
There is a free pasta party on saturday?!
Too bad that it was not saturday when we got here.
Cold air was coming in from the window and it was very refreshing.
 
 

The emergency exit sign.
Somehow this guy looks taller than the one in Asia?
 



Frankfurt Main Train Station.
It is under renovation and what we see is a picture pasted on the building surface.

 



There are many interesting looking traffic lights in Germany.
For this one, the top is so much bigger than the bottom!
 
 
 
Inside of the main station.
Shops are open early in the morning!
 
 
 
 
The bakery I went twice during my trip in Germany.
 
 
 
So manay delicious looking sandwiches!
Can't make up my mind!
 
 
 
 
 
Post boxes and a stamp machine in Frankfurt
 
 
 
 
 
We were coming back to Frankfurt on the last day
so we quickly moved to a different city.
 
On our way to - Heidelberg!
 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment