Wednesday 6 March 2013

My Favourite Crispy Saba Fish Fritter Cooked in 2 Different Yummy Sauce Dinner

 
Tonight's dinner
 
 
 
*Crispy Saba Fritters marinated in  2 different yummy sauces
*Yuzu pepper Okura
*White rice
 

 
 
The one on top is saba with sweet tomato sauce.
The one at the bottom is saba with ginger soya sauce.

 
 
The tomato sauce saba tastes like sweet sour pork
and the ginger soya sauce saba tastes like kabayaki.
Both were very delicious!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Few weeks back, my boyfriend went to a supermarket somewhere far,
somehwere so called "Singapore's countryside" with his friends.
 
He bought me some frozen saba from there. :)
 
 
So I decided to cook it today.
 
 
Whenever I cook saba, I make saba no miso ni.
It is a saba dish marinated and cooked in miso sauce.
 
 
Today I realized that I left my miso at my boyfriend's house.
So I decided to do something else.
 
 
 
I had 3 big pieces of saba fillets, so decided to cook in 2 different sauce.
In this way, I won't get sick of it! :)
 
 
 
 

Ingredients

 
*3 slices of saba fillets
(If using frozen saba fillets, please defrost them before you use)
*Some corn starch
 
Tomato sauce ingredients: 3 table spoons of tomato ketchup, 2 table spoons of mirin, 2 table spoons of sugar, 5 table spoons of water
 
Ginger soya sauce ingredients: Minced ginger 1 table spoon, 3 table spoons of soya sauce, 5 table spoons of mirin
 
 
 

Instructions 

 
1. Pour boiling water on saba (to get rid of the smell).
Slice saba into eatable pieces, take out bones as much as possible
 
2. Put corn starch around saba and pan fry them with roughly about 5 table spoons of oil.
Once you take out the cooked saba from the pan, wash the pan.
 
3. Pour all the tomato sauce ingredients in the clean pan and bring it to boil. Meanwhile, if you have another pan, heat it up and pour all the soya sauce ingredients in the pan and bring it to boil
 
4. Once the sauce starts to boil, place saba in the pans.
Flip the saba sometimes to let it absorb the sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment