Wednesday 16 May 2012

Today's dinner. Awesome! Easy and super delicious bibimpab recipe


Today's dinner: Korean food


Bibimpab & Miso soup





I love Bibimpab.

Bibimpab is one of the only dishes I order at a Korean restaurant.
Well, another dish is Bulgogi, which I can easily make at home with some nice thinly sliced beef and Korean BBQ sauce.

I usually don't order other Korean dishes because I am not that good at spicy food.

Anyway, so when I think of Korean food, I think of you, I think of  Bibimpab.
Few times a month, I have an urge to eat Bibimpab and whenever that happends, I used to go to my favourite Korean restaurant.

But my favourite bibimpab is in Melbourne. I can't easily go there while I live in Singapore.
What am I going to do if that urge happends?
I tried some of the Korean restaurants here in Singapore, but I haven't been able to find my favourite ones.

Well, I think Today, I lost a reason to look out for my favourite Bibimpab and Korean restaurants.


I made it myself!



You may wonder that the shape of the egg looks kinda weird, or rather cute.
It  looks like a Koala bear face, don't you think? Well, I do and I like it.

Anyway, underneath the Koala egg, there are BBQed pork belly&onions, kimchi, boiled spinach, marinated bean sprouts and grilled mushrooms. It was very very yum...

Indeed, I think I lost a reason to go to a Korean restaurant.
Or rather, I lost a reason to eat outside. I can now have bibimpab at home!





Awesome Bibimpab recipe


BBQ Pork:
Slice onions and stir fry with thinly sliced pork belly with Japanese BBQ sauce

Marinated bean sprouts:
Recipe is here

Kimchi :
I just bought one from a local supermarket

Spinach:
Just boil after wash

Mushroom:
Cut them into small pieces and stir fry/grill with some sesame oil and a pinch of salt

Egg:
make a sunny side up


Place white rice at the bottom of a bowl, then all the small dishes then, the sunnyside egg on top!

Put Korean chilli sauce and mix well before you eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment