Sunday 15 April 2012

Ramen & cakes at Tanjong Pagar

I caught up with my friend over delicious cakes and ramen dinner yesterday.

The ramen shop was so popular that there was a long queue as soon as the shop had opened!
Ramen was all tonkotsu based and you can chose different degrees of spiciness. There were also free flow bean sprouts and boiled eggs.

My friend ordered black spicy ramen and I ordered normal tonkotsu ramen.
Both were delicious! I think the spicy ramen tasted like tantanmen and i found it quite spicy bur my friend didn't find it spicy at all!


I didn't know that there were so many cute cafes in Tanjong Pagar or even in singapore!

My friend took me to one of his favourite cafes next to this interesting looking antique shop!
(We actually went into the antique shop
and it's not bad! They were selling interesting stuff!)


The lemon tart and drinks ( fresh orange juice and some very tasty unique drink) at the cafe were all very tasty!!


I came to realise that he is one of the first friends I made in Melbourne and also one of the few long lasting friends from Melbourne.
It is really cool how we can still keep in touch (not just on Facebook but actually meet up) even after uni and moved to another country- Singapore!

I'm still new to Singapore and don't have close friends here so I appreciate his existence!

It was a good catch up :)


P.S


Oh and the purple cake is supposed to be super famous as it appeared on magazines before!

No comments:

Post a Comment