Thursday 3 March 2011

Comic drawing and storytelling workshop








I went to Mr. Bernard Caleo's

"Comic drawing and storytelling workshop"

at City Library yesterday.




Mr. Bernard Caleo is a Melbourne-based Australian comic artist.


He is an comic editor and performer as well.






It was a free event ran by the City of Melbourne.





I found out about this workshop

through an email from the international students organization.





They said in the email that

it's a free workshop but only lucky 30 students could attend.





The words

"free"

and "lucky 30 students"

grabed my attention.





I love drawing.





I am interested in learning the storytelling techniques using pictures.





So why not?





I quickly applied.






That's how I became one of those lucky 30 students.












The workshop was really fun




It wasn't just about how to draw pictures.









Rather, it was about how to tell a story using pictures.


You can tell a story sometimes without a word.









It was amazing to see how we could all tell a story

by just using 1 or 2 square boxes on a paper as well.





You know how most of the comics have pages and pages to tell a story?



But sometimes you don't need so many pages.





Just like Peanuts (Snoopy) comics,

4 square boxes on a single paper can be enough for you to tell a story.






I was happy to be the lucky 30


No comments:

Post a Comment