- Egg plants Tempura &
- Onions and long beans Tempura
- Carrots and devil's tongue kimpira
- with Udon
I bought a huge eggplant yesterday
and only used half of it for Nasu dengaku last night.
I also made Onions and Long beans tempura
because I had left long beans in the fridge for a while
and they were about to go bad.
It was my first attempt to make this onion and long beans tempura.
- Flour(2/3cup)+Cornstarch (1/3cup) =together 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Your favourite veggies
- mix 1 cup of flour + cornstarch with water in a bowl.
- Cut veggies into 1cm width, eatable sizes then put them in a bowl.
- Marinate the veggies with the batter.
- Then, just deep fry!
- fry with lower temperature.
- veggies cook very fast. Don't leave them too long in the oil.
- When you cook onions and long beans tempura, use a spoon and try to drop onions and long beans together in the oil.