Friday 18 February 2011

Shiso Cutlets しそメンチカツrecipe

Today's dinner








Menu

  • Shiso menchi katsu -Minced cutlets with Shiso (labiate) leaves
  • Baked potatoes with tomatoes, mayonaise and cheese
  • Stir fried Chinese cabbage with garlic and mushrooms
  • White rice



















I didn't like mushrooms when I was in Japan.


But I love them now











Shiso Cutlets

My Japanese friend took me to one of the Vietnamese shops on Victoria street yesterday.

They sell Shiso leaves! I was so excited

My friend said I can make Shiso drink if I get a lot of Shiso.






But yesterday I just decided to get few.
Just to try.

Only $0.80 for a bunch



Shiso Cutlets Recipe


Ingredients

  • Minced pork 350g
  • Onion 1/2
  • Shiso leaves 6-10 pieces
  • Egg 1
  • Bread crumbs 1 cup
  • Flour 1 cup



Instructions

  1. Take the Shiso leaves out of the stem. Wash the leaves.

  2. cut the onion into really tiny pieces, mix the onions and meat well (better to use your hands)

  3. make round shapes, in between the meat, place 1-2 Shiso leaves.

  4. prepare 3 bowls, put the flour, the egg (stired), the bread crumbs in each bowls. one by one, put flours around the round shaped meat, then dip into the stired egg, then put bread crumbs.

  5. deep fry in the oil. they are cooked once they rise up from the bottom of the pot and float on the oil.



Nice to eat with Yuzu dressing (right)or Bull-dog sauce (left)





←you could also try my long beans minced cutlets recipe

    No comments:

    Post a Comment