Wednesday 16 September 2009

鳥のからあげ弁当/ fried chicken bento lunch box





I brought bento (lunch box) to uni today :)

It was such a nice warm weather!

It's good to have lunch outside on a sunny day like today.



I don't quite like the food in Uni's cafeteria.
So whenever i have to have lunch at uni, I try to bring my own lunch.
If not, I go home during the lunch break and eat lunch at home.
(my house is just 10 mins walk from uni :))



Actually.. I hadn't brought my own lunch to uni for a long time. :(




It's all because my stupid rice cooker.



Whenever I cook rice with my rice cooker, rice becomes so hard that I really have to microwave it before I eat.


But in Uni, I can't use microwave unless I become a member of the student union (they charge me money to be a member)


So, I can't bring my lunch to uni. :(


I guess I can still bring sandwiches, but I prefer having rice for lunch.



well, but the problem is all solved now because my very very nice housemate let me use her rice cooker!

Her rice cooker is so nice.

rice is still soft even after you leave it for a day!!
I can eat it without microwaving it!

I love it Y








Today's lunch















*chicken karaage(Japanese style fried chicken)
*carrots tempura (deep fried carrots)
*white rice with salmon flakes
*chineese cabbage
*grapes
*mochi mochi saltana bread (I made this for the first time. I'll upload the recipe once I practice and come up with the best recipe :p )








***Chicken Karaage recipe***serves 1 or 2






Ingredients

*chicken breast 200g
(I used chicken breasts, but chicken legs are more suitable for karaage because the leg meat is softer. when you use chicken legs, remove the meat from the borns and use it)
*soya sauce 2 table spoons
*sake 1 table spoon
*ginger 1 tea spoon
*dried shaved bonito 1 table spoon

*flour 3-4 table spoons


Instructions

1. put the chicken in a bowl with all the ingredients except for flour. leave it for a while (10-15 mins)

2.pour flour into the same bowl, stir them with spoon.

3. deep fry the chicken (at least 3-4 cm of oil in a pot)

No comments:

Post a Comment