Thursday 13 August 2009

avocado sandwich& roasted carrots

My housemate brought back a very BIG chicken!!
She got it from her friend who runs a vegetable shop.


According to her, every thursday is her friend's "chicken day" and he buys a big chicken for himself and also for her sometimes...








Cool!!








My housemate used to go and buy vegetables from his shop and that's how they became friends with each other♪





And and, my housemate shared some of her chicken with me :) :)


Happy YY





The chicken was soooo good!!!
so tender...Y




I was excited and forgot to take a picture of the chicken though..... ah... not again.






So I had her chicken for dinner today :)


I had the avocado sandwich & roasted carrots (picture above) after I came back from shopping today (around 5? ) so i was very full just eating this tasty chicken!!



I wanted to buy new boots today because all my boots are spoilt...

I always go back to Japan for Uni's summer break (November to febuary)and it's always winter when I'm in Japan.


Also, June to August is winter in Australia... so, I'm always doing winter (7 months in a year) since I came to study in Melbourne!


No wonder my boots spoil so fast.... !!


I thought I could find some nice pairs of boots with cheap price (because there are some sales going on now) but I couldn't find my size anymore.. all sold out!!!


:( :(


I gotta wait till I go back to Japan to get new pairs of boots!








anyway....





Going back to the topic of food,





I LOVE AVOCADO veryyyyy much nowadays YYYY




This morning, I had avocado+ soya sauce+ pickled plum with rice and this afternoon, I had this avocado sandwich YY








I had never cooked avocado before so I didn't know how easy and tasty avocado could be!!
I love the texture too!!

(I ate abocado focaccia sandwichs before in some cafe in melbourne and I loved them though!)



And the carrots roast......YY


I hated carrots before.

I hated all the veggies before (except for potatoes, onions and eggplants).


But after my friend took me to one of the best vegetarian restaurants in Melbourne, I started to LOVE vegetables!!!


Veggies are actually very tasty.... haha




And "roasted veggies" was one of my favorite dishes I had at the vegetarian restaurant.

Inside of the restaurant was very dark... so i wasn't sure what was inside and how it was cooked...but I tasted carrots, potatoes, eggplants in some herb sauce!


So I decided to cook one by myself :)


Avocado sandwich recipe serves 2

*avocado 1
*canned tuna 1/2
*soya sauce 1 tea spoon

*cheese 2 slices
*bread 4 slices
*butter 1 tea spoon

Instructions
1. take out the seed of the avocado. Scoop out the inside (get rid of the skin) and smash it with a spoon.
2. mix the avocado, canned tuna and soya sauce and stir them well.
3. toast your bread and put the butter on.
4. put the avocado paste and half melting cheese in between the bread.



roasted carrots serves 2
*carrot 1
*herbs (any herbs you like)
-oregano
-basil
-thyme
1/2 each
*olive oil 1 table spoon

1. cut the carrot into small pieces, place them on a tray coverd by alyminium foil.
2. pour the herbs and the olive oil.
3 heat up an oven to 180℃. Roast them for 30-40 mins.




No comments:

Post a Comment