Monday 27 July 2009

New semester

My housemates (both current and new) came back from their home countries today :)


I no longer need to talk to myself!
(I talk to myself a lot when I'm alone at home...)


Anyway, I had a 1 hour-lecture and a 2 hour-seminor about new media today!It was about how new media (such as youtube, online journalism, facebook etc) differs from old media (such as newspapers, TV, radio etc) and how such differences affect stake holders.

My lecturer has PHD in video games.
I found it very cool.


He said that every year, so many media students graduate from universities all over Australia, but there are only few media jobs available for them.



I was kinda worried when I heard this in the lecture because I just started my 3rd year and have to look for a job soon.



But then, he also told us that new media is the field where many of us can find jobs easily (or easier than in the field of traditional old media) because our generation uses and knows more about new media than older generations. And so we can use such knowledge as an advantage when we look for a job :)



Basically, that's why we should study this subject.



I think this subject's gonna be something a bit similar to what i studied last semester (or more advanced version of it) and I think I'm gonna like it :)


I also had uni's orchestra rehearsal tonight
(We practice every monday night)



We've got 2 new conductors this semester and they both seemed nice!
Our music camp is coming up soon too :) i'm excited.

I'm so happy nowadays☆☆

hope this lasts till the end of this semester!


I have to wake up early tomorrow again... so i will update my recipe tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. hi tomo, it's me!! i love reading your blog, it's interesting to know about the futures subject! so do you think you're gonna learn good stuff from it? (: i'm still contemplating it or media law.
    anyways good to know u're 元気! hehe yeah hope the good feeling will stay with you always! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam :D
    Thank you for your comment!

    Yeah, I think the media future subject gonna be quite interesting! and I like my teacher, he seems nice! He is teaching our research subject this year as well :)

    How was media law??

    ReplyDelete